Published: May 4, 2021
- Develop and grow new relationships with institutional prospects in Switzerland and potentially in further European countries (UK, Scandinavia) in order to make our client the most important investment strategy implemented in institutional clients’ portfolios in the last 30 years - to include public and corporate pensions, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, and healthcare entities.
- Leverage relationships with family offices, private banks, and wealth advisors to penetrate new private capital markets to raise assets under management and identify new client development opportunities.
- Act as the primary senior relationship manager for the Swiss marketplace, marshalling the company’s resources to deliver differentiated solutions and best-in-class client experience.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s products and services and how they fit according to portfolio theory and other allocation/manager selection models.
- Contribute to idea generation and development of new products to help grow the business, while providing seamless customer service.
- Execute the company’s sales process systematically, with emphasis on teamwork, transparency, and accountability, using appropriate tools, e.g., Salesforce and other mediums.
- Coordinate cross-functionally within the company to facilitate a collaborative approach to winning and supporting mandates.
- Recommend innovative marketing tools and strategies to further grow the business and experience of the firm’s clients.
- 15+ years of institutional asset management experience, ideally including 10+ years specifically focused on Swiss allocators.
- Demonstrated success attracting, retaining, and growing AUM across private and institutional channels with an established Rolodex of relationships in key positions of authority.
- Deep understanding of the institutional investment landscape in Switzerland (including clients, drivers, competitors, sales process, and tools), and the proven ability to develop and sustain relationships with investors and consultants.
- Expertise in investments products and solutions, preferably alternative credit strategies and real estate.
- Strong team player skills; excellent communication with the broader sales and consultant relations team.
- Has an established network of connections with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior investment professionals internally and externally.
- Understanding of service and operational aspects of institutional sales.
- Proven ability to partner internally to ensure excellent client management.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and the passionate drive to build and develop a business in a complex, performance-oriented environment.
- Willingness to embrace new ideas, appreciate a fast-paced and open work environment and contribute to a culture of innovation to achieve and exceed goals.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills with a direct and open communication style.